Komentari trgovanja na hrvatskom tržištu kapitala

Naslovnica Forum Tržište kapitala Hrvatska Komentari trgovanja na hrvatskom tržištu kapitala

Forum namijenjen svim temama vezanim za dionice, obveznice i druge vrijednosne papire te trgovanje istima u Hrvatskoj.

WASHINGTON – The Federal Reserve has cut a key interest rate by a quarter-point, a smaller move than the aggressive easing it undertook earlier this year.

The Fed action, announced Wednesday after a two-day regular meeting, pushed the federal funds rate down to 2 percent, its lowest level since late 2004. It marked the seventh consecutive rate cut by the central bank since it began easing credit conditions last September to combat the growing threat of a recession brought on by a deep housing slump and credit crisis.

The rate cut will mean lower borrowing costs throughout the economy as banks reduce their prime lending rate, the benchmark for millions of consumer and business loans.

The Fed move was in line with expectations. Wall Street believes this could well wrap up the Fed’s rate cuts unless the economy threatens to fall into a worse slump than currently expected.

The Fed said it stood ready to “act as needed to promote sustainable economic growth and stability.” That phrase was seen as a signal that the Fed is as worried about weak growth as it is about the risk of higher inflation.

The Fed devoted portions of its statement to both the threats of weakness and the threats that inflation could pose, likely reflecting the debate inside the central bank.

There were two dissents from the move, with both Richard Fisher, president of the Dallas regional Fed bank, and Charles Plosser, head of the Philadelphia Fed, arguing that the central bank should make no change in rates.

The central bank is walking a tightrope, trying to jump-start economic growth while also confronting the risk that if it overdoes the credit easing it could make inflation worse down the road.

Many economists believe the country has fallen into a recession. However, the government reported Wednesday that the overall economy, as measured by the gross domestic product, managed to eke out a 0.6 percent growth rate in the January-March quarter, barely in positive territory.

* Email Story
* IM Story
* Printable View
Yahoo! Buzz

RECOMMEND THIS STORY

Recommend It:

Average (155 votes)
4 stars
» Recommended Stories
Full Coverage: U.S. Economy

Off the Wires
* Second stimulus bill not moving soon: Hoyer Reuters, 7 minutes ago
* Oil prices dive on healthy US crude reserves AFP, 37 minutes ago

Feature Articles
* Parents delay decisions about summer camp as economy weakens at The Los Angeles Times, Apr 30
* Even the pros could benefit from Finance 101 The Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News, Apr 30

News Stories
* GDP grows just 0.6% for second consecutive quarter at The Los Angeles Times, Apr 30
* Tax rebates: How big a boost? at Christian Science Monitor, Apr 30

Opinion & Editorials
* Snoozing in Econ 101 Is Hazardous to Your Health at Bloomberg.com, Apr 30
* The Fed Must Strengthen the Dollar at The Wall Street Journal, Apr 29

Business News
* Economy grows by only 0.6 percent in 1st quarter of 2008 AP
* GM loses $3.3 billion in 1st quarter, lowers sales outlook AP
* Stocks rise ahead of Federal Reserve’s rate decision AP
* FDA warns Merck to fix vaccine plant problems AP
* Time Warner to shed rest of its cable TV business AP

Most Viewed – Business
* Americans unload prized belongings to make ends meet AP
* Economy grows by only 0.6 percent in first quarter AP
* Stocks rise ahead of Federal Reserve’s rate decision AP
* Microsoft eyes Yahoo retention plan: court papers Reuters
* Rockefellers call for change at Exxon Mobil Reuters

Business Video

* Analysis: Countrywide loss shows scope of crisis AP – Tue Apr 29, 4:17 PM ET
* Economy in a Recession? FOXBusiness – Tue Apr 29, 5:09 PM ET

* Oi

susjed, ak čitaš žedan sam! [lol]

rast američkog BDP-a u 1q je 0,6%-nema recesije kaže dnevnik!

A kaj je s recesijom u HR? Ta me nekako vise zanima od americke

ameri probili 13000 ! ali već nakon pola sata na 12800

Barona za moderatora a šefa za direktora ... moji postovi nisu nagovor na kupnju ili prodaju vrijednosnica

pardon 12880

Barona za moderatora a šefa za direktora ... moji postovi nisu nagovor na kupnju ili prodaju vrijednosnica

gui: ” rast američkog BDP-a u 1q je 0,6%-nema recesije kaže dnevnik! ” A kaj je s recesijom u HR? Ta me nekako vise zanima od americke

nema recesije u HR

 I m a g i n a t i o n * a t * w o r k 

Ljudi jeli pratio netko amere večeras?
Što im bi zadnjih sat vremena?

Kad se sretnu osoba s novcem i osoba s iskustvom: Osoba s iskustvom ode sa novcem, a osoba s novcem ode sa ...

Ako je suditi prema dosadašnjem psihološkom stanju krda, u ponedjeljak možemo očekivati opet stampedo kad se ne pita kolko košta već jesam li skinuo ponudu prije ostalih.[smiley]

[i] Moji postovi nisu investicijski savjeti, niti nagovor na kupnju ili prodaju dionica, već osobno mišljenje.[/i]

Samo da se ponovim sa str. 4980 u 17:52, bez ikakve osobne hvale, nemojte zamjeriti, ali brži sam od dnevnika![lol]

Ljudi moji koliko ja vidim, a nadam se da dobro vidim, što se streslo streslo se, ko je ispao, ispao je, vlak ide dalje punom parom do nove stanice.

Gledam na njihovim portalima niš ne piše. Nemam pojma.

Možda i njihovi fond menadžeri manipuliraju tržištem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Evo za razliku od Iveka123, i njegovog Hamerra Cant touch this, ja slušam Van Halena, Get Up, and nothing gets me down,…[lol] [lol] [lol]

New Report

Close